Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Green from Red

I soaked this skein some more in the Red Blend Vat and then made a new one with the rest of the flowers I had collected. It is a little darker and not as yellow. I'm really not sure I like this color, but it depends on the light. The plan is to dye a skein of Pygora singles a similar but not exactly the same color and then ply the two skeins together. I could put them both into a Coreopsis vat or I could wait for the carrot tops to mature and try a green vat for the Pygora.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Green from Red

Here is the result of a steeped dye vat (well, half gallon canning jar) of mixed red flowers from the garden. Red lilies, pink Poppies, and an unidentified red wildflower. The fiber is Mohair and Alpaca.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Blog Design

I love maps so I couldn't resist changing to this template. My fibers are not coming from around the world though. I've set a geographical source area of the Pacific Northwest including east of the Cascades. It's a very different climate better suited to Angora goats (Mohair) and Cashmere (also goats). I do have wool ready to spin that came from small farms in Ohio and Iowa, and Mohair from Texas in addition to very local island wool.

Thursday, July 1, 2010